Enter here to win the perfect gift for girls 8-12 courtesy of New Moon Girls! The one-year membership package includes full 24-7 access to the new, fully-moderated online community NewMoonGirls.com and six issues of the award-winning New Moon Girls magazine, both featuring high-quality content created and edited by girls. To learn more, please visit www.NewMoon.com.
Here's how to enter . . .
1. Visit www.NewMoon.com.
2. Come back here and leave a comment telling us why you could use this site.
3. Be sure to leave your e-mail if you don't have a blogger ID. Bloggers- you must have a public profile and listed e-mail for us to find you.
Who wants extra entries?!
(Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Current subscribers, you can use these extra entries too, since we’re so happy to have you here!)
4. Sign up for our Mommy's Idea feed or e-mail feed. (Over to the right.)
5. Become a follower of Mommy's Idea.
6. Blog about and link to this giveaway. Please leave your blog url in your comment.
7. Stumble this post or www.mommysidea.com.
8. Add our Mommy’s Idea button and/or Ellie Bags button to your site.
9. Tweet about this giveaway.
Open to residents of the US.
Contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, March 15, 2009.
What is your business and where can we find it?
New Moon Girl Media, an early champion of girl-centered media, is the creator of the award-winning New Moon Girls magazine and the groundbreaking social network www.NewMoon.com for girls 8-12. New Moon Girl Media is committed to providing girls with innovative, advertisement-free spaces where they can create, explore and grow. New Moon Girl Media and its publications produce original, high-quality content made by girls and selected for publication by their peers.
Is it mom-owned, invented, created . . .?
New Moon Girl Media was founded in 1992 by girls’ development expert Nancy Gruver and her twin 11-year-old daughters, Mavis and Nia.
A little about your entrepreneur journey so far?
Being an entrepreneur is hard work, unpredictable and very consuming. It’s also fun and extremely rewarding. I learn new things every single day – even after nearly 17 years! When I founded New Moon, I knew nothing about publishing. But I had previously started a different small business – a gallery. The first business lasted 4 years and taught me a lot that helped me to make New Moon a success 11 years later. There are things about being an entrepreneur that you can only learn by doing them. So if you have the bug, jump in and give it a try!
Where else can people find you?
o Twitter: nancy_newmoon
o Facebook: Nancy Gruver