*Please read below for important information on preventing SIDS.
Here's how to enter . . .
1. Leave a comment telling us why you ‘d love to win this.
2. Be sure to leave your e-mail if you don't have a blogger ID. Bloggers- you must have a public profile and listed e-mail for us to find you.
Who wants extra entries?! (Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Current subscribers, you can use these extra entries too, since we’re so happy to have you here!)
-Sign up for our Mommy's Idea feed or e-mail feed. (Over to the right.)
-Become a follower of Mommy's Idea.
-Blog about and link to this giveaway. Please leave your blog url in your comment.
-Stumble this post or http://www.mommysidea.com/.
-Add our Mommy’s Idea button and/or Ellie Bags button to your site.
-Tweet about this giveaway. (You can add an extra entry every day that you tweet it!)
Open to residents of the US and Canada.
Contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, March 18, 2010.
aden + anais proudly sponsors and raises awareness for the CJ Foundation
With the coldest of the winter months now upon us, parents and caregivers are more likely to crank the heating and reach for plush, thick blankets to keep their babies warm. Infants who are overdressed or covered in heavy blankets or many blankets are at higher risk for SIDS. It is very important for babies to be dressed lightly and comfortably to avoid overheating. The CJ Foundation recommends the use of wearable blankets and sleep-sacks in place of blankets to keep infants warm while sleeping.
aden + anais®, creator of the original muslin swaddling blanket and unique muslin cotton sleeping bags, is proudly sponsoring the CJ Foundation for SIDS and their continuing efforts to educate parents about the importance of not over-bundling and over-heating their infants. Over 2,000 babies in the United States still die of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) each year, and overheating is a leading risk factor.
In an effort to support the CJ Foundation for SIDS’ mission, aden + anais® began sponsoring the foundation in October 2009 during SIDS Awareness Month. Each aden + anais® product is made of 100% breathable muslin cotton, which allows baby’s body temperature to adjust naturally, reducing the risk of overheating.
The CJ Foundation recently launched its Sleep in Safety, Grow in Style (SSGS) campaign to help educate parents about the importance of designing safe sleeping environments for babies. aden + anais® is working to help the CJ Foundation inform parents of the many ways they can keep their baby safe. While over-heating is one risk-factor for SIDS, SSGS and aden + anais® seek to educate parents about this and the other risk-reducing, precautionary practices:
- Consider the use of fans to increases ventilation
- Room temperature should be comfortable for a lightly-clothed adult, approximately 61-67 degree Fahrenheit
- Cribs should be totally free of all loose blankets, stuffed animals and crib bumpers
- Lay baby to sleep in an improved crib, on a firm mattress; do not let the baby sleep on soft things, like a couch, pillow, sheepskin, foam pad or waterbed
- No smoking when pregnant or near baby
- If possible, breastfeed baby
- Offer a pacifier at bedtime
- Co-sleeping should be in the same room but not the same bed or other sleep surface as parents
For more information on aden + anais’® sponsorship of the CJ Foundation, please contact Kristina Junger-Godfrey at Kristina@kjunger.com or 949.720.7062.