When Lysol asked me to test out their product to help with allergies, I told them I was the person to try it. I’ve had allergies since I was a teenager and I’m allergic to things inside and out of the home. I’ve used Lysol products for cleaning and disinfecting, but took a new look at them for helping my allergies. Lysol wipes are great for picking up things like cat hair, dust, and the pollen you inevitably bring into the house- some of my major triggers. It’s recommended that you “wet dust” to really get things clean, so these are great. Here are some more tips from Lysol. See below for your chance to win LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes and can of LYSOL Disinfectant Spray!
Allergy flare-ups are often attributed to the allergens outside your front door. However, did you know that the same allergens are found on surfaces inside 75 million homes across America? According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), some of the most common indoor allergens, include dust mites, mold and household pets.
Some easy ways to reduce allergy suffering in the home include:
· Reduce Pet Dander - Decrease your exposure to pet dander by keeping your pet out of your bedroom, since this is typically the room in which people spend a majority of their time.
· Wrap Things Up - Put fabric covers over common dust mite hideouts such as pillows, mattresses and sofa cushions and wash bedding often.
· Clear the Air - Prevent pollen from entering your home by keeping windows and doors closed during peak allergy
· season. Air filters are also considered useful for helping clear the air of lingering allergens triggers.
· Wipe Down Surfaces - Be sure to frequently clean hard surfaces to get rid of allergens in your home. Use LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes to remove 90% of pollen particles and dust mite debris, in addition to killing 99.9% of illness-causing bacteria. Also use LYSOL Disinfectant Spray to kill the source of mold allergens on hard, non-porous surfaces.
· Avoid Mold Spores - To help reduce mold: use an air conditioner in humid climates and avoid the use of humidifiers in dry climates. Also, run the bathroom fan or open the window when showering.
· Talk to Your Doctor - It is important to talk to your doctor about whether or not allergy testing, medications, and/or other measures are recommended.
For more information, visit www.lysol.com.
Here's how to enter . . .
1. Leave a comment telling us why you ‘d love to win this.
2. Be sure to leave your e-mail if you don't have a blogger ID. Bloggers- you must have a public profile and listed e-mail for us to find you.
Who wants extra entries?! (Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Current subscribers, you can use these extra entries too, since we’re so happy to have you here!)
-Sign up for our Mommy's Idea feed or e-mail feed. (Over to the right.)
-Become a follower of Mommy's Idea.
-Blog about and link to this giveaway. Please leave your blog url in your comment.
-Stumble this post or http://www.mommysidea.com/.
-Add our Mommy’s Idea button and/or Ellie Bags button to your site.
-Tweet about this giveaway. (You can add an extra entry every day that you tweet it!)
Open to residents of the US.
Contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, June 8, 2010.
*I have received a sample product to review.